- TAH, BSO unsuccessful lymph node mapping and comprehensive staging not performed -Endometrial adenocarcinoma, endometrioid type limited to endometrium (30%) depth of myometrial invasion (FIGO Grade 2) Peritoneal cytology not done.
- CT Ab/Pelvis-showed no lymphadenopathy or distant mets
- Gyn Onc: Stage 1A
Question: How would you code the SSDI FIGO Stage Corpus Carcinoma and Carcinosarcoma?
- 1A FIGO Stage IA
- 2 FIGO Stage II
- 99 Not documented in medical record FIGO stage not assessed or unknown if assessed
Answer: 99 Not documented in medical record FIGO stage not assessed or unknown if assessed
Rationale: There was a change to this field in the SSDI Version 3.0 Instructions. Be sure to note the Change Log for v3.0 Changes to the SSDI & Grade Manual. Once your software has been updated to v3.0, follow the new instructions. You can no longer assume if a stage group is stated it is a FIGO Stage & code it, the physician must state it’s a FIGO stage. https://apps.naaccr.org/ssdi/list/
SSDI Manual V3.0- FIGO Stage Corpus Carcinoma and Carcinosarcoma
- Note 1: There must be a statement about FIGO stage from the managing physician in order to code this data item.
- Do not code FIGO stage based on the pathology report
- Do not code FIGO stage based only on T, N, M
- If “FIGO” is not included with a stated stage, then do not assume it is a FIGO stage
- Note 2: FIGO stage is not the same thing as FIGO grade. Only code FIGO stage in this field, do not code FIGO grade.
- Code FIGO grade in the grade fields