Scenario: 2022 diagnosis is a single tumor with renal cell carcinoma (RCC) 8312, papillary renal cell carcinoma 8260, and mucinous tubular and spindle cell carcinoma 8480
Question: How would you code histology?
- 8312 renal cell carcinoma (RCC)
- 8260 papillary renal cell carcinoma
- 8480 mucinous tubular and spindle cell carcinoma
Answer: 8312 renal cell carcinoma (RCC)
Solid Tumor Rules Kidney
- Rule M2 Abstract a single primary when there is a single tumor.
- Note 1: A single tumor is always a single primary.
Rule H2 Code the NOS histology when there are:
- A NOS and two or more variants of that NOS present in the tumor OR
- Two or more variants of a NOS present in the tumor
- Note: Use Table 1 in the Equivalent Terms and Definitions to determine NOS and subtype/varient.